Saturday 25 June 2011

20, nearly an adult.



Do you remember your childhood longing towards finally being a "grown up". For me the word adult was combined with, beauty, confidence, popularity along with many more wonderful and at that time entirely achievable desires. I was sure that when the time came I would feel responsible and sure of myself. If I'm honest with myself, I feel none of these personality traits, and I'm still looking forward, wondering when and if I will ever be ready and mature enough to fill my childhood definition of adult. Yes, I may not feel entirely sure of myself yet, however, I do feel sure of the friendships I've made and lessons I've learnt along the way. My life is by no means perfect, but I enjoy it and love the people I spend it with, and if you would like, I can share some of it with you. Which brings us to the celebration of me becoming one year older, and not at all wiser. It was a tame night, but tame can be fun, when it's spent with your nearest and dearest. So don't laugh when I tell you this, okay? Home made pizza and tribal pursuit. And yes I won (my friends let me).
see upcoming post for recipe

3 comments:

  1. I definitely feel the way you do sometimes. I'm almost 21 but sometimes I think I haven't grown to the extent that I thought I would when I was a little girl. So don't worry! You're not alone. That pizza looks delicious!!!

    http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it's all part of the adventure, and sometimes I love how young I still feel! You have an amazing website, I'll defininetly be checking it out again soon. Have a lovely day :) anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 25 and i feel the same. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up! I think I'll always be young at heart!!

    ReplyDelete